Thursday, January 13, 2011

Basil ... No, not the Rathbone variety

Basil ... No, not the Rathbone variety
Today's photo is compliments of Laurie Johnson, a glorious cook and friend extraordinaire. After receiving her yummy photo, I just had to write about Basil today. Naturally my mind wandered and I thought of a different Basil. Personally, I find him even yummier.
My favorite dish containing basil has to be Bruschetta with basil and tomatoes. It's a great way to start off an Italian meal, without overpowering the appetite or the palate. The beginning of a novel may start off the same way, not wanting to overwhelm the reader. While this approach may work well in culinary circles, today's fiction readers often prefer to start out with more of a bang.
More later.

No comments:

Post a Comment